Comment: Security of mineral supply set to remain crucial as population continues to rise
By Andrew Bloodworth 01 June 2010
We are living in an era of unprecedented population growth and environmental change. The United Nations forecasts that the global population will be 8.9 billion by 2050, a 30 per cent increase on current levels.
Subscriber content. To view it please sign in below or subscribe
Subscribe to Mineral Planning or Waste Planning
How can we help you today?
- Judicial review looms over Environment Agency
- No justification for agricultural improvement by tipping waste
- Good news, bad news for Norfolk waste
- World's 'first' TV recycling plant
- Conditions discharged for Durham AD plant despite continued local opposition
- Farm-based AD plant permitted in Cambridgeshire